BCP Council has produced resources to assist businesses in Bournemouth town centre as they start to open, including guidance for retail businesses, and signage artwork that you can use in your business.
You can download the assets here:
- BCP Council social distancing measures and guidance to retail businesses
- Keep Your Distance signs (various sizes and formats)
- Keep Your Distance – Lamppost signs
- 2m apart Social Distancing signs (various formats)
- Keep Left sign (A2)
- Keep Left sign (circle)
- Exit & Entrance signs (A3)
- Exit & Entrance signs (A4)
- Approach Counter sign (A3 & A4)
- No Waiting & End of Queue signs (circle)
BCP Council have also set up a new email address: email@example.com
This is for businesses to feedback or report specific issues or incidents, and will be monitored daily during normal work hours.
”Keep Left” to Stay Safe
As more shops prepare to reopen on 15 June, those visiting town centres, high streets and shopping areas are being asked to “keep left” as well as “keep your distance”, in a bid to control Covid-19 and support social distancing.
Across the Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch areas over 1,500 signs have been installed on lamp columns, stuck to bins, placed on the ground and even wrapped around pedestrian bollards, reminding us all of national advice to continue to observe social distancing to protect ourselves and others.
Installation of signage has already started in those areas expected to be busiest once shops reopen – the main town centres of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, with more being rolled out in local shopping areas as well as key leisure locations throughout the coming weeks.
BCP Council Questionnaire
To assist BCP Council with planning for pedestrian congestion, they have asked for some information from town centre businesses.
- Your business name & address
- Is your business likely to experience pedestrian congestion during the reopening of the town (yes/no)?
- If currently closed, when are you planning to reopen?
If you are currently planning to reopen:
- What are your intended opening times/days?
- Do you have plans to open safely, including social distancing, queue management or maximum occupancy measures (yes/no)?
Please send your responses to Liz Orme, Economic Development Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org