A Connected Town Centre
Central to the BID’s work is directly supporting our town centre business community.
That support is delivered in a variety of ways and with a range of initiatives.
We promote the town centre as a great shopping, leisure and business destination through high profile events, campaigns, media coverage, PR activity and our social media platforms.
- Works with public and private sector partners to promote the town centre at every opportunity.
- Promotes the business community through our social media platforms, coverage that represents thousands of pounds of exposure.
- Ensures all levy paying businesses have a page on the Bournemouth Tourism website, Bournemouth.co.uk giving greater exposure.
- Runs quarterly business breakfasts at different town centre venues to discuss current issues and challenges with businesses from all sectors.
- Facilitates connections between levy payers for mutual benefit.
- Will lobby to install signage from the seafront to the town centre to bring better connectivity and encourage more visitors to experience what it has to offer.
- Runs the Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Card scheme, locking spend into Bournemouth town centre.
Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Card
The Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Card is run by the BID and has been a big boost for levy payers by locking thousands of pounds of spending into the town centre.
Dozens of local independents and national brands are signed up, giving card recipients a wealth of options in retail, hospitality, and leisure.
It is a Mastercard-based gift card that works in the same way as a store or shopping centre card. You choose the amount you want to preload (anything from £10 to £500), purchase the card online and give it to family, friends, colleagues, or staff. It is a particularly good way to reward, incentivise or thank staff for their efforts.
The scheme will offer you further advertising as you will be featured on our gift card website as well as the potential for being a place of interest for winners of competitions and giveaways.
To become a member of the gift card, please discuss this with our Business Liaison Officer.
Marketing and communications
If you are a Bournemouth Town Centre BID levy payer, we offer support on social media and can help to market your business and promotions for you. We ask for a minimum of one week’s notice. Please send any details or copy you would like to be used, along with a selection of images (minimum file size 1mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up to date or tell us what you are up to, follow us on our social media accounts @makeitbmth
We have an email newsletter which goes out every two weeks to subscribers which keeps you up to date with our news. To subscribe to this please click here
On the website we have an exclusive levy payers’ area which allows you to access reports and data such as footfall and visitor surveys. To access this area simply request a login from email@example.com.
To find out more about our Connected Town Centre project, click here
Explore Our Website