Who is the joker in the pack of your business? It’s time to find out.
The much-anticipated Bournemouth Comedy Festival takes place in October.
And the Bournemouth Town Centre BID is encouraging levy paying businesses to take part ‘on the fringe’ by submitting a video of your best gag or gags.
It can be up to, but not exceeding, one minute.
The BID’s Business Liaison Officer, Susie O’Neill, said: “The BID-backed Comedy Festival is generating a huge amount of excitement and we would love to see more of our town centre businesses involved.
“So, we are asking businesses from all sectors to put forward their ‘class clown’ to enter a video, making sure it’s a laugh a minute of course. “There are prizes for the team and the brave individual.”
She added: “There must be lots of budding stand-up comedians in our levy paying community who would like to have their 60 seconds of fame by cracking their best jokes on video.”
“We would like a representative from as many businesses as possible to be that joker in the pack.”
The workplace prize is a £150 Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Card for a team night out.
For the individual winner, it’s two free tickets to Saturday night’s comedy show at Camel during the festival and a goody bag including gifts from LUSH, Scribbler and Sharkeys.
The winning video entry will be the one that gets the most likes on the BID’s social media @makeitbmth. Video entries are open NOW and close on Friday 29th September. Entries to email@example.com (levy paying businesses only).
The festival takes place 4-8 October, and six venues are hosting top acts as part of the event, curated by Coastal Comedy and presented by the Bournemouth Town Centre BID.
They are DNA, Brass Hauss, Camel, Post, Odeon, and Revolution.
Evening shows are for over 18’s only, weekend children’s comedy is suitable for those aged 12 and under.
Evening shows are priced at just £8 each as this BID project has been significantly supported through funding from BCP Council as part of a government post Covid recovery grant.
For tickets and more information see www.coastalcomedy.com
Follow the event page on Facebook and Instagram to keep updated on acts and other activities going on throughout the festival.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 29th September 2023.
How to enter: Simply submit a video of up to a minute long of a; joke, mini stand-up routine or ‘bit’ to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries will be uploaded to our social media platform on the run up to the Comedy Festival. The entrant that receives the most ‘likes’ across all social media platform combined (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) will be the winner!
There are 2 sets of prizes available to be won. A group/team prize for the winning business and an individual prize for the person in the video.
- £150 Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Card
- A night in one of Boom Battle Bar’s karaoke room
- 1-month free platinum membership at 3F Gym
- 2x £15 loyalty cards for Sharkey’s Sports Bar
- 2x tickets for the comedy gig at Camel Bar on 7th October 2023
- Array of goodies from LUSH
- Array of goodies from Scribbler
Entry restrictions: Open to UK residents. Must be a current levy paying business of Bournemouth Town Centre BID. Individual entrant must be a member of staff at the levy paying business entering.
- No purchase required.
- Entrants understand that to be considered for the prize, their video will be uploaded to @makeitbmth’s social media platforms.
- 1 business winner chosen via accumulated likes across @makeitbmth’s social media platforms; Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes, and prizes are not transferable.
- The winner will be contacted via the email used to submit their entry.
- If the winner does not respond to accept the prizes by 12 noon on Wednesday 4th October 2023, the follow up business with the most likes will be contacted as the winner instead.
- The winner will be asked for their address which will be used solely for the purpose of sending the prize and will not be stored.
- Prizes will be sent out within 7 days of the winner’s address being provided.
- Winners will be asked whether they are happy for their names to be used for publicity. Names will only be shared publicly with the winner’s permission.
- Copyright for the entries will remain with the entrant but the entrant licenses the Bournemouth Town Centre BID to use their photographs across the @makeitbmth social media channels.