The Shape of Things to Come trail is also part of the Town Centre BID’s festive offering and will be beginning on Friday 8th December 2023.
At five town centre locations, there will be a shape based window vinyl where trail participants can access an augmented reality experience and two historic facts about Bournemouth’s past, all via an app.
Everyone completing the fun trail will be entered for a free competition to win a Town Centre Gift Card.
The trail has been made possible by a grant from BCP Council and is a great way of linking up Bournemouth’s history with the latest technology.
Mr Kinvig said: “For us, this is all about giving as many young people and families as possible a reason to come to the different parts of the town centre, learn more about it and have fun.”
Terms & Conditions for Gift Card Competition;
Closing date: 10am on Thursday 4th January 2024.
How to enter:
1) Simply complete the free trail around town using the Hunta app which can be downloaded from either the Apple store or Google Play store and is completely free to use.
2) Sign up, see a preview of the route, and then ‘Start game’.
3) Follow the map to visit each location – the Triangle, the Square, Beale Place, Westover Road, Horseshoe Common (you can start from any location).
4) At each location find out some fun historical facts and enjoy the festive themed Augmented Reality – see a giant nutcracker, bouncing baubles and more!
5) When you visit each location, a digital stamp is collected.
6) When all 5 stamps are collected find out if you have won a lucky dip Bournemouth Gift Card.
Only trails completed via the Hunta app will be entered into the prize draw.
There are 40 prizes available for the public to win!
- 40 x £10 Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Cards
Entry restrictions: Open to UK residents. 1 entry per trail completed.
- No purchase required.
- 40 public winners chosen at random.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize, and prizes are not transferable.
- The winners will be contacted via email by 5pm on Monday 15th January 2024.
- The winners must respond within 1 week (by 12 noon Monday 22nd January 2024) to claim their prize. Failure to respond will result in a redraw and alternative winners will be contacted.
- The winners will be asked for their address which will be used solely for the purpose of sending the prize and will not be stored.
- Prizes will be sent out within 7 days of the winners’ addresses being provided.
- Winners will be asked whether they are happy for their names to be used for publicity. Names will only be shared publicly with the winner’s permission.
- Copyright for the entries will remain with the entrant but the entrant licenses the Bournemouth Town Centre BID to use their photographs across the @makeitbmth social media channels.
- The competition to win the Gift Cards is being run by Hunta in partnership with the Bournemouth Town Centre BID. If you have any queries regarding the gift card, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.