Encouraging residents & visitors to reconnect with the town centre and its businesses
We are giving Bournemouth town centre a spring clean and freshen up in time for non-essential shops, outdoor hospitality and services like hairdressers reopening from 12 April.
Our Reconnect initiative is well underway to help and encourage residents and visitors to reconnect with the town centre and its businesses. This is being spearheaded by the Bournemouth Town Centre BID in partnership with BCP Council.
- Cleaning and painting lampposts, benches and other street furniture in Commercial Road, Westover Road, Old Christchurch Road and Horseshoe Common. The £11,000 spruce up is paid for by Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) funding and the Town Centre BID, and is backed by ward councillors Mike Greene and Hazel Allen.
- A deep clean across the town centre with as much of the area as possible covered by April 12 in a £30,000 initiative.
- Reapplication of the ‘Queue Here’ floor stickers throughout the town centre to aid social distancing and queueing.
- Window vinyls being placed on a number of empty units, with welcome messages for visitors, funded by EU cash, the BID and BCP Council and working with the landlords.
- There will also be a promotional campaign across local press and radio, and Yellow Buses, plus hanging baskets – we will announce more details of these shortly.