Encouraging residents & visitors to reconnect with the town centre and its businesses
Our Reconnect Initiative is full steam ahead to brighten up Bournemouth town centre, and encourage residents and visitors to reconnect with the town centre and its businesses.
- A deep clean is well underway across the town centre in a major initiative in partnership with BCP Council.
- Our ‘Queue Here’ floor stickers throughout the town centre are being reapplied following the deep clean, to aid social distancing and queueing.
- We are cleaning and painting lampposts, benches and other street furniture throughout the town, supported by CIL Funding.
- Window vinyls are now up on a number of empty units, with welcome messages for visitors, funded by EU cash, the BID and BCP Council and working with the landlords.
- Hanging flower baskets have been ordered for Westover Road, the Triangle and Poole Hill, and we are also working towards providing baskets across the town centre.
- Heart Radio ran a campaign running up to the reopening, encouraging people to reconnect to the Town Centre, plus a competition to win a Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Card
- Hot Radio is running daily adverts throughout April and May, encouraging people to reconnect with the town centre, plus more Gift Card competitions
- A campaign in the Bournemouth Echo running throughout April and early May, including adverts, editorial and video content, focussed around a ‘back to business’ theme
- Yellow Buses are running a campaign throughout April promoting the Gift Card on 28 buses
- Coming soon are a series of short 90 second videos of independent retail and hospitality levy payers, inviting people to reconnect with Bournemouth