Applications for Local Restrictions Support Grant are now open.
To qualify for a grant your business must have been:
- open as usual before any restrictions were in place
- providing services in person to customers from the premises
- registered for business rates at the premises on 5 November 2020
- required to close due to the restrictions imposed by the government.
Nightclubs and sexual entertainment venues that have been unable to reopen in any form since 23 March 2020 are also eligible.
The payment amount will depend on the rateable value of the property as in the table below. The payment will cover the full four weeks from 5 November to 2 December 2020. Payments will be made as follows:
Rateable value of premises Grant payment per 4 weeks
£15,000 or under £1,334
£15,001 to £50,999 £2,000
£51,000 or over £3,000
- businesses which are able to continue to operate because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from their premises and can operate their services remotely eg. accountants, solicitors, etc
- businesses that have chosen to close but were not required to do so
- businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made at the date of lockdown
- businesses that have reached the state aid limit.