Restaurants and other establishments serving food for on-premises consumption can now register for the Eat Out to Help Out scheme, offering a discount to diners to encourage them to eat at your restaurant.
You can use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme:
- all day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020
- to offer a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in
- to claim the money back from the government
You can register if your establishment:
- Sells food for immediate consumption on the premises;
- Provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals; and
- Was registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July.
Registration will close on 31 August.