Town centre businesses in Bournemouth are set to fly the flag for the Coronation of King Charles III next month, thanks to the Town Centre BID.
Hand wavers, posters and bunting are being distributed to hundreds of levy paying businesses for displaying in their shops, offices and hospitality and leisure venues.
And a competition is being launched for the best display open to all the levy payers in the office, retail, hospitality and leisure sector. The prize for the best display is £200 Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Card!
To enter the competition, businesses should submit a photograph of their shop, office or venue (inside or outside) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th May – further details and full T&C’s are listed below.
The countdown is on for the coronation, which will see the King officially crowned as monarch.
The ceremony, in which Camilla will also be crowned Queen Consort, will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury at Westminster Abbey.
It takes place on Saturday May 6th with a bank holiday has been declared on Monday May 8th.
Tens of thousands of street parties are expected to be staged during the weekend, with people urged to come together across the nation for the Coronation Big Lunch on Sunday May 7th The BID is also working with BCP Council to put up street bunting across the town centre.
Chief Operating Officer of Bournemouth Town Centre BID, Paul Kinvig said: “We are all looking forward to a tremendous weekend of celebration to mark the coronation of King Charles III and I know our business community will play its full part as it did for the late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee last year.”
The celebration packs will be distributed by the BID team in the week beginning May 1st.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 12th May 2023.
How to enter: Simply decorate your premises – be that inside or outside, a shop front, window, office, counter, tills, etc with the BID provided Coronation pack (you can add to this pack with other decorations if you’d like).
You must then send us a picture to email@example.com to be entered into the competition. The BID team will then collate the images and put it to an internal vote by us. The business we deem with the best overall display will be the winner.
We will announce the winner in the 18th May 2023 Newsletter.
Only entrants who send us their image via the above email address will be entered into the prize draw.
There is 1 prize available for one of our levy payers to win!
- £200 Bournemouth Town Centre Gift Card
Entry restrictions: Open to Bournemouth Town Centre BID levy payers only. This includes voluntary levy payers. Only 1 entry per business. The display must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to be counted.
- No purchase required.
- 1 winner chosen via the BID team via a vote.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize, and prizes are not transferable.
- The winner will be announced via the Newsletter on 18th May 2023.
- We will contact the business directly within 7 days of the newsletter to organise the delivery/collection of their prize.
- The prize will be sent out within 7 days of the winner confirming how they would like to receive their prize.
- Winners will be asked whether they are happy for their names to be used for publicity. Names will only be shared publicly with the winner’s permission.
- Copyright for the entries will remain with the entrant but the entrant licenses the Bournemouth Town Centre BID to use their photographs across the @makeitbmth social media channels.
◾️The Bournemouth Town Centre BID is a not for profit business led, business funded organisation formed to support the defined commercial area of Bournemouth Town Centre.