The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Full details can be found here:
Furthermore, the government have set up a helpline to deal with enquiries:
Business Support Helpline (England)
Telephone: 0300 456 3565
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Further guidance has also now been released by the government about the Business Rates expanded retail discount in 2020-21. This document is aimed at local authorities, but provides really clear guidance about exactly which businesses will be eligible for relief.
Click below to download a copy:
Most of the Bournemouth Town Centre BID team are working from home as per Government advice, but are still available to offer help, support and advice wherever possible. Our Town Rangers and Clean & Green team are continuing to support levy payers in the town centre, and we are reviewing the situation on a daily basis.
If you wish to contact the Rangers, you can call the Ranger mobile as usual on 07918 280016. or contact them over the radio. If you are unable to get through on the Ranger mobile, call Head Ranger, Bob Carter, on 07985 283958.
If you wish to contact our Clean & Green team, please call Bob Carter, Head Ranger, on 07985 283958.
If you wish to contact the office, please email us on email@example.com.
We are continuing to support levy payers on social media. If any of you have measures you are taking to overcome these tough times, such as delivery services to customers, or pushing your in-store gift cards, let us know and we’ll be happy to promote you. Just send an image and some details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.